Hey everyone! I had done the Liebster Award tag last September and recently was tagged again by three awesome bloggers, Alexandra, Jonia, and Enyiie– Thanks so much ladies! I’m doing it again because heck, nothing wrong with an update. Plus their questions were too good so I couldn’t pass them up (I did all 3 sets).
I’m going to break some rules here and instead of tagging people this time around (or who knows, maybe I will), I’m going to invite anyone who hasn’t gotten a chance to do this to do it. Or even if you already did the Liebster and feel like doing an update, go for it! I really love reading facts about anyone so definitely let me know if you do this tag!
Here are the Liebster rules:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Ask them 11 other questions
5. Let them know that you’ve nominated them
11 (other) facts about me that I didn’t post the first time around:
- I have an endless fascination with getting rid of things and re-organizing.
- I had a mean streak in grade school. Like when I was in third or fourth grade? Not proud of it and no one probably suspected it at the time (unless you really knew me) but glad I grew out of it.
- I once wrote an 100-page story in middle school but it didn’t have an ending.
- I dislike the idea of doing dishes but if I start I kinda like it.
- I have a son named Charlie and he’s turning 3 this month.
- I like watching Keeping up with Kardashians. They’re entertaining and make me laugh.
- Aside from makeup/beauty stuff, singing, playing instruments and music overall is another passion of mine.
- Animals are cool but I get bored at the zoo after about 20 minutes. Or maybe it’s just my zoo, because I’ve been there so many times.
- I have a pretty low voice for a gal which you may not expect since I’m only 5’0.
- I really want to get back into reading novels again but just can’t seem to! I blame my iphone.
- I suck at taking public transportation alone. I won’t go on a train by myself just yet cause I don’t know what I’m doing and don’t want to look dumb lol. At the same time I really want to get over that and give it a go on my own at some point!
Here are Alexandra’s questions answered:
1. What would your perfect day be like? A day where I’m feeling motivated and inspired, and actually get things done! And if you dropped me off in a cool city like NYC or Paris for the day that would be nice haha.
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Crab cakes and cake. That’s 2 things. And they’re both cakes.
3. What song’s lyrics feel as if they represent your life best? For someone who loves music I can’t think of one!! Maybe Girls Just Wanna Have Fun at the moment because I’m just chillin.
4. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I can be pretty funny if I say so myself, but I’m very down-to-earth. Sometimes I wish I were crazier and did nonsensical things but I like being grounded overall.
5. Do you prefer drugstore makeup or high end? Why? I like both but I usually buy drugstore! A lot of it is pretty good now! But I splurge on high end here and there because of that quality and luxury feel.
6. If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would you pick and why? Paul McCartney- he seems like he’d be a good time. He’s been through a lot and I’ve always admired him.
7. What is one thing you hate about blogging? Man…I don’t know if I hate anything necessarily but I think it’s just that I don’t always feel the pull to do it consistently, or I let topics in my brain sit for too long before actually getting to it! Also it can be time-consuming, but since it’s something I enjoy I don’t mind spending the time on it if I have the time!
8. Do you believe in horoscopes? Not horoscopes but the zodiac I think has something to it definitely!
9. If you could eliminate one task from your life, what would it be? Getting ready for work in the morning. But doing my makeup is a fun routine most of the time!
10. What is one product you couldn’t live without? Probably my iphone.
11. What made you decide to start blogging? I loved reading other blogs, writing and makeup, plus I had too many topics floating around in my brain so starting a blog seemed to be a natural pull. Though I felt a little sick when I first started it up, not gonna lie!
- How did you come up with the name of your blog or website? Does it have any meaning behind it? I’m a pretty straightforward person so “BeautyLifeMom” was pretty much what came to my head-the topics I wanted to cover in my blog in that kinda order, though I don’t really do “mom” posts! I guess letting people know I am a mom felt important to me.
- Why did you start blogging? (See 11 above).
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? I’m cliched but Paris…it was so magical. But other than that, too many awesome places right here in the US!
- Who is your inspiration? Anyone from people I know to artists I admire. Anyone who’s good at what they do or even not good at what they do interest me. Other bloggers inspire me, and countless artists, musicians and personalities to mention.
- What is the biggest mistake or regret you have ever made? I don’t have serious regrets but I probably should’ve stuck with the business major I started out with in college. I switched over and kinda regret not having a business background now.
- What is your favourite flavour of crisps/chips/fries? If you where a flavour of crisps, which would you choose? Em lol…I’d say somewhere between plain and BBQ!
- What is your most popular blog post that you have written? Maybe Reflections after my first month blogging, or 34 things I’ve learned at 34.
- What is your favourite blog post you have written? I might have to go with 34 things I’ve learned at 34!
- Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time? Not doing a helluva lot different than what I do now- parent, teach, blog, play instruments…but you never can tell can you? Maybe adding on to that list doing a bunch of random stuff! I can also see myself having another child in that time, definitely.
- What are your hobbies or favourite things to do during your spare time? Play on my phone, play with makeup products, blog, play guitar, organize, walk the mall.
- What are your favourite foods and drinks? French Fries, Crab Cakes, seafood overall, Coffee, Water and Diet Coke!
And Jonia’s Questions:
- What is your favorite app to use? For blogging or personal use. Twitter and Snapchat.
- If you can only wear one makeup brand for the rest of your life, which brand would you choose? That’s tough but I guess MAC cause I own a lot of their stuff and know it works on me pretty well.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Interaction, sharing content, and learning more about myself and others.
- Who is your celebrity crush? At the moment I really can’t think of anyone!
- If you can travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Again, Paris or some cities in the US I never got to see (Boston, Chicago, Charleston etc.).
- Who do you get inspiration from when blogging? Other bloggers or just that internal need to get stuff out there.
- Do you have a talent? If so, what is your talent? Music, and social awareness. Like I get when to say something and when to keep my mouth closed.
- If you were in the circus, what kind of performer would you be? (Clown, tight-rope walker, etc). The announcer cause I like presenting things.
- What is your favorite Disney movie? Alladin. I feel that one gets overlooked a lot but it was one of their earlier quick-witted ones that I really liked!
- Cake or Pie? Cake.
- What inspired you to start blogging? I’m cutting and pasting from above: I loved reading other blogs, writing and makeup, plus I had too many topics floating around in my brain so starting a blog seemed to be a natural pull. Though I felt a little sick when I first started it up, not gonna lie!
And if you choose to this tag, here are my questions for you:
- What part of your life seems the most fulfilled/unfulfilled?
- What was the best part of your week this week or last?
- One thing you have to do but are putting off is _____.
- First and last concert you’ve been to.
- Last movie you saw in the theater!
- Blogging takes up ___% of my life right now!
- Sweet or salty?
- Favorite way to keep yourself fit?
- What is something that always puts you in a good mood?
- What part of blogging could you do without?
- Are you more of a hoarder or a minimalist?
Thanks for reading! And again, let me know if you do it!