Hey all! I was tagged by two awesome ladies to participate in the Blogger Recognition Award! Thanks so much SingleVegasGirl and Melina! I try to do tag posts when I get the opportunity – I love learning about other bloggers and hope readers get to learn a little bit more about me too. First, the rules (some which I break lol):
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started
I’ve probably told this story a few times on here but I was inspired by other blogs to start BeautyLifeMom. Of course I hesitated putting myself out there, but when my nephew turned 11 I realized how time was flying and I wasn’t getting any younger, so why the heck not?! I wanted an outlet to talk about beauty, a formal place for all my madness, a place to share things I’ve learned about products I love or don’t, and keep a type of beauty journal to look back on one day. And since I enjoy writing, it seemed to make sense to start one. I needed something cool that was my own, and I really wanted to connect with people and get stuff out there.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers:
1. It’s been said before, but blog because you enjoy writing or are passionate about your niche, whatever it is. Freebies and pay may or may not come, but if you enjoy it even without all of that you’ll be more likely to keep at it. It’s one reason my blog has been going for as long as it has. I may not blog as often as I’d like to at times, but I haven’t given up on it because I know at the end of the day I enjoy the process and talking about beauty stuff.
2. I totally agree with Single Vegas Girl – get on Twitter,engage in chats and befriend other bloggers. I know socializing isn’t for everyone and I’m not saying you HAVE to do anything. But speaking from my own personal experience, engaging with others has been helpful, and quite frankly is one of my favorite parts about the whole blogging gig. It’s been great having and giving support, and knowing there’s a whole world out there that “gets it.” It doesn’t mean you have to subscribe to everyone’s blog or leave super long comments on every post you read. Just be genuine and check out other bloggers. It makes it that much more rewarding, and it’s nice to see what everyone else is writing about. And yes, leave comments if so inclined!
3. Here’s where I’m going against the rules by adding a third thing-Go at your own pace and don’t lose sight of what your intentions are with your blog. If you want your blog to be a certain way, do what you gotta do to get there, but don’t let the Joneses get you down. Be inspired, but stay true to you and work on your personal goals.
Last but not least…
I would like to tag some awesome bloggers (and my apologies if you already did this or were tagged already)! I know you’re supposed to tag 15 but I’m tagging 11 to start (maybe I’ll add more but at this rate who knows lol!).
Also Please feel free to do the tag if you never did it before and definitely let me know- I love getting to know other bloggers even more!