I was recently tagged twice to do the Mystery Blogger Award a little while ago by my blogger pals Melina at IvefoundWaldo and AlexandraQuinlan, two very dedicated bloggers I am lucky to know- thanks for the tag girls! Since starting my blog last year, getting to know these two and so many others has been one of the coolest parts of being a blogger! They totally get the blogging life and live it to the fullest. I’d also like to mention the creator of the award, Okoto Enigma.
Mystery Blogger Award Tag Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator.
- Nominate 10 or more people
- Notify your nominees by leaving the nomination link in the “comments” of their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
This time around, since I’m a bit preoccupied with work (I teach kindergarten and the startup of school is no joke!) I may not get to the making up questions/tagging part, but I might revise this and tag people later! So here are three things about me and answers to their awesome questions:
Three Things About Myself
1. I’m a true Capricorn. Everything you read about them is me to a T.
2. I once had my brother cut my hair super short when I was in high school (I didn’t have a license to drive myself to get a cut and mom was against me having short hair at the time. Though surprised, she actually liked my new ‘do).
3. I’m not scared of spiders anymore, but mice scare the bejesus out of me. Tell me there’s a mouse and I am OUT of there.
1. Who do you live with? My husband and son!
2. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be and why? I’d normally say some celebrity but I think there are some awesome YouTube “gurus” (CoffeeBreakWithDani, Kathleen Lights, Audrey Coyne) and bloggers I’d love to have lunch with! I can’t pick just one, there are too many I haven’t met in person that I’d love to get to know personally! I actually got to meet two blogging pals this summer so that was awesome!
3. What is the difference between your blogging persona and offline persona? I’m a lot goofier and snarkier than what you probably see in my posts! Though my writing is true to who I am, it’s hard to tell how much of that is conveyed through it.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? I love talking about pet peeves lol. Probably really unprofessional behavior or people who aren’t team players. I also can’t stand flakiness or people who don’t respect your time. I get a that true emergencies happen and that stuff happens, that’s life. But when it happens over and over or isn’t really a true emergency, that’s just annoying and selfish!
5. What/who is the biggest love of your life? My husband and my son! And when it comes to things- makeup, music, writing.
1. What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned through blogging? People are more supportive than I imagined! There’s so much to learn and so many ways to grow. Blogging has such a huge community behind it and the friends you make are amazing, even though you may not meet them all face to face!
2. What’s one trend you’re sick of seeing? This may not be a direct answer but I am tired of seeing people knock the cold shoulder trend! Not that it happens all the time but when I see people say that it needs to go away I can’t help but get annoyed because I personally like it and don’t see the big deal lol.
3. What is your dream job? Not too long ago I probably wouldn’t have said my own job, but when you work with a great team and feel like you’re growing, that makes a huge difference! But any job that you feel empowered and motivated. I’d love to do something with beauty products and writing (or maybe YouTube but that’s kinda intimidating to think about) so I guess blogging is a good start! Though I’m not really doing it for the money right now.
4. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you pick? I’m a cat girl so a cat all the way. I am warming up to dogs a little more lately though!
5. What’s one item you can never have too many of? Oooo. I do have my limits with most things but I don’t like running out of Diet Coke so I always like to have that on hand.
That wraps up their questions! Again, I may revisit this to add my own questions and tag people but hey at least I got around to answering these :). Hope you enjoyed reading- I certainly enjoyed answering them!
Have you done this tag before? I’d love to read it! <3 Jen